Sev is an Indian deep fried snack delicacy. It is mainly prepared using Gram flour or chickpea flour or besan or Kadle hudi.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Cuisine: Indian, vegan
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- pinch of asafoetida
- salt as per taste
- 1/4th cup water or as per the need
- 1 TSP hot oil
- pressing device for sev
- oil for deep frying
- Take 1 cup of chickpea flour in a bowl, add salt as per taste and pinch of asafoetida and 1 TSP of hot oil.
- Mix well. Now add cold water slowly by mixing and forming the batter until the below consistency.
- Meanwhile in a steel vessel heat oil for deep frying.
- Now fill the batter in the pressing device, once the oil is hot enough press the batter into the oil which falls as noodle shape into the oil.
- Turn the sides and take out the sev into the tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Make sure not to add excess water while preparing the batter. It becomes soggy and absorbs more oil, hence will not be crispy enough.
- Always note that the oil is hot enough for frying.