Mixed beans akki rotti is mainly a South Indian breakfast delicacy. It is made using rice flour, vegetables and mixed beans. Beans are a great way to get low-fat, low calorie protein that already has the fiber and carbs mixed in, hence this kind of akki rotti becomes one of the healthy and staple foods.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10mins
Total time: 25 mins
Cuisine: South Indian/Vegan
- 2 tbsp red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp butter beans
- 2 tbsp red beans
- 2 tbsp green beans
- 2 tbsp haricot beans
- 2 tbsp black eyed beans
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 medium carrot grated.
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 cups rice flour
- water as needed.
- Wash and soak overnight all the mixed beans mentioned above.
- Drain water and cook.
- Add the cooked beans and all mentioned ingredients above and mix well.
- Add little water, knead and form a soft dough.
- Now cover and keep for ten minutes.
- Now heat an iron pan, take a small ball sized dough, keep between 2 banana leaves and press or one can also use parchment sheets. Coat the oil before pressing.
- Now add it hot pan and cook both sides.
- Serve hot with spicy coconut chutney and any kind of gravy and enjoy.
- Any kind of beans or sprouts or veggies can be used.
- It tastes great when served spicy and hot.