Jeera-coriander seeds Rasam is a type of Indian Rasam variety. But compared to the other Rasams this is bit sweeter. Now to elaborate on Rasam, it is a type of Indian curry variety which is very simple and can be done without using coconut or with very little amount of coconut. Basically, it is very watery curry.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Cuisine: South Indian
- ½ TSP cumin seeds
- 1 ½ TSP coriander seeds
- 2 red chillies (Byadagi or Kashmiri)
- 1 TBSP grated coconut
- ½ TSP tamarind extract
- 1 TBSP Jaggery powder
- Salt as per taste
- Take one cup water, Tamarind and Jaggery in a Steel vessel and let it boil in low flame for 5-10 minutes or until the jaggery and tamarind is well dissolved.
- Meanwhile take above mentioned amount of cumin, coriander, red chillies and grated coconut and grind to smooth paste using little water.
- Now add this paste to the water, jaggery, tamarind mixture.
- Adjust the salt and let it boil for 5 min.
- Switch of the flame and do the mustard seasoning.
- Serve hot.
- It is mainly served with white or brown rice for lunch or dinner.
- It usually has a sweet tangy flavour.
- Spice level can be controlled by adjusting the amount of chillies.
- Tastes great when served hot and topped with ghee.