Who does not love ice cream !!! specially on hot summer days, if made with fresh fruits, berries, that too homemade without any added sugar !! Such a pleasant dessert.
Berries are one of my favourite fruits specially raspberries and blueberries. Also healthy, low calorie packed with nutrients. Even for my daughter berries are favourite, easy go kind of fruit. Hence tried this raspberry ice cream with just whipping cream and puree from fresh raspberries. This ice cream needs no extra preparation, no ice cream machine but made very quickly and most important thing is the taste is as store-bought.
Prep time: 10-12 mins
Freezing time: 6-8 hours/overnight
- 200 ml 35% fat whipping cream
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
- Take 200 ml of 35% fat whipping cream in a bowl and whisk using hand whisk or electric whisk until the hard/stiff peaks are formed. It roughly takes 10 mins if using the electric whisk. Do not over whisk then the fat starts releasing.
- Blend the fresh or frozen raspberries to make smooth puree or as your preference. (When using the fresh berries then it comes out better if the berries are frozen for 1-2 hours before blending them). Mix the puree with the whipped cream slowly and whisk for 1-2 minutes.
- Then pour this mixture into a box used for deep freezing. It can be frozen for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- And enjoy the next day !!!
- Always use the chilled cream to whip which helps the hard/stiff peaks to form.
- I did not add any extra sugar here. The sweetness from the berries was sufficient. But if you prefer more sweetness then a TBSP of honey or maple syrup or sugar can be added while blending the berries.
- Or the icing sugar can be added while whipping the cream.
- As a variation this ice cream can be prepared with any other favourite fruits like mangoes, blueberries, strawberries etc.
- If the fruits are slightly frozen then the ice cream blends and forms well.