Gummi candies are a broad category of gelatine based chewable sweets. Gummies can be made in a wide variety of shapes and colours. But since gelatine is animal based and we are vegetarians I tried here a vegan version using Agar-Agar powder. Agar-agar is a jelly like substance obtained from red algae.
I used fresh blueberry pulp for the flavour. Gummies are my daughter s most favourite sweet. So I can say she is the inspiration behind this !!!
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time:10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 1/4th cup fresh blueberry pulp
- 2 TBSP agave syrup or maple syrup or honey
- 2 TSP agar-agar powder
- T TBSP water
- Blend few blueberries fresh or frozen to make it the above mentioned amount.
- Putt all the ingredients in a steel bowl.
- Heat it until small bubbles appear and mix thoroughly, roughly 3 to 5 mins.
- Pour into the cold of your desired shape.
- Wait until they hardener about 10 to 15 mins.
- If your using frozen berries then no need to use water or you can also use any extract for the flavour.
- It cab made with using different fruit pulps like strawberry, mango etc.
- Can be refrigerated for fast hardening and storage up to one week in a air tight bag.