Aubergines are one of my favourite kind of vegetables as they are available all seasons worldwide. They are also with amazing health benefits having high amount of antioxidants.
I always wanted to try something new with the aubergines, hence here presenting my version of curry with cashew. It is prepared easily with limited ingredients and very tasty. It can be eaten with chapathi or Indian bread, poori or rice.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Cuisine: North Indian/vegan
- Oil for sauteing
- 1 TSP cumin seeds
- 2 small onions cut into small pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 medium aubergine cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 TBSP kasoori methi/dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 TSP garam masala (optional)
- pinch of turmeric powder
- chilly powder as per preference
- 1/4 cup of cashews made into fine paste
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take 1 TBSP of oil and add 1 TSP cumin seeds. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Now add cut onions and fry until the raw smell goes.
- Now add cut tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Now add the cut aubergine and pinch of salt and fry until the aubergines shrink. Do not add any water. Fry little more until the oil starts releasing from sides.
- At this stage add 1 TBSP of kasoori methi and mix.
- Add 1 TSP garam masala (optional step).
- Add pinch of turmeric powder and chilly powder. And mix well. One can always adjust the spiciness level.
- Now add the 1/4 cup of cashew paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add half cup of water and cook in simmer for 5 minutes.
- Adjust the salt, consistency and spice level.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapathi or rice or poori.